Monday, January 31, 2011

Uniform

Ooh baby check out that sexy "Peacock" coloured polo shirt. Yeah that's right be jealous. Yeah.. nah. Why are school uniforms so.. hmm let be put this lightly... hideously ugly. I can imagine this room with board of trusties sitting at a long conference table with one balding late 30's guy wearing glasses at one end with a whiteboard and a long stick pointing out uniform options. Then eventually they pick out this styly affordable uniform they know the students will love. Then one of the teachers on the board puts up there hand and says "why not get that one?" points to the ugly green "Its cheaper to buy, we can charge double, and use the profits and left over money to buy wine and coffee... Plus the students will hate it" The guy in the glasses thinks for a moment. Then says "all in favor for the green say aye" without hesitation the whole room says "aye" then they open a bottle of champagne.
Thats what I believe happened, and not just at the school I'm going to. At my old school we wore bright yellow blouse and Scottish style skirts. At my intermediate we had bright red polo shirts and green skirts (christmas much) and at primary we wore skorts... nuff said lol
shorts+skirt=skort.  (not the one I had but still ick)
How are your feelings on school uniform? what is yours like? Horrible? Or are you one of the lucky ones, where the money didn't go to coffee and wine for the teachers and you got a nice one?

On a completely different note look what I got! Sushi candles yee yah!
Yes ain't my photography skills amazing.

2 comments: